Here is a recap of the 5 big lessons you learned in the free Write Like A Pro email course:
- You don’t need to be great – you just have to be good. It’s always possible to go from competent to good. Even Stephen King is merely a good writer, but that is enough.
- All you have to do is write one true sentence – and it might be best to not finish it. Like Hemingway, always focus on the next line, and always leave a little juice in the tank.
- Never get stuck in your own average. The #1 pattern you must keep breaking is length.
- Content is king, but context is God. No matter where you share your work, always make sure you adjust to your surroundings.
- There are 4 archetypes of modern writers who make money: The freelancer, the marketer, the author, and the artist. Knowing and choosing your type goes a long way in distinguishing yourself and understanding what it takes to earn the big bucks.
Whenever you doubt yourself, feel like you want to quit, or aren’t sure how to go on or what your next step is, come back to these.
Chances are, one of these will help you remember that tomorrow is another day – and there is always more to be written!
Write like a pro,